Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Postcard from Frantics-ville

Hello my dear readers,

Just a quick note to say I am still here!
It's been a rather hectic life lately with:
1. The school term and all it's blasted science projects, excursions, fundraising, etc etc blah blah
2. Builders (up to 6 men at a time) fitting out our new downstairs and tracking mud all inside the house
3. My music students and their various needs
4. Cadet season (aka driving all over so my 13y.o. son can play army with other boys)
5. Rugby season (aka driving all over the place to yell on the sidelines and pray for no-one's neck to get broken)
6. Band rehearsals (now Im playing 1st trumpet for some pieces. YIKES! How did I get here?)
7. Extra babysitting duties for my nieces and nephews whilst my Mum is away chasing birds in far North Queensland with her binoculars
8. Fitness classes that cane my sorry behind (why do they call it "Basic Training" if they really mean army-style boot camp?) and leave me limping for days afterwards

And as if all that wasn't enough, I decided to take jazz piano lessons this term.
Yup.
I already play classical at a fairly high level, but I wanna branch out into jazz.
It's gonna take a whole lot of work, but it will be SO worth it.

I am attempting to swing by your blogs (all of you) and let you know I havent forgotten you!

6 comments:

  1. well honey i was wondering where you went... good to hear from you again. you are loving life and that is wonderful. me too!

    smiles, bee
    oxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do they call it "Basic Training" if they really mean army-style boot camp?

    Because that's what boot camp is really called?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great to see you! That is one hectic schedule - and piano lessons on top of it? Whew.

    But you are enjoying it all and that is what counts. Good for you sweetie!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should encourage yours to abandon rugby and take up cricket, better to win The Ashes, eh?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that's quite a schedule!!!! Sounds like your doing pretty well with it :)

    So glad to hear from you, and that you just busy and not fallen off that face of the earth LOL :)

    Make sure to take a little 'Me Time' for yourself in the middle of all that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was just thinking about you today, as a friend and i were talking about blog followers. sounds like you have quite a bit on your plate!!! good luck with it all- two work mottos that help me stay sane in the midst of similar craziness: 1)no one dies if we don't do our job, and 2) it will all be there tomorrow. sad but true :)

    glad to hear you're keeping busy and (hopefully!) happy!

    ReplyDelete