Monday, November 15, 2010

Puja at my sister's House










Hi All,
well last weekend my sister and her husband had a puja (Hindu blessing ceremony) at their new home. The middle pic is my sister, daughter Mira, and hubby Pulkit. Top pic is my sister and a young guest drinking mango lassi, a traditional Indian drink which I made from fresh mangoes and yogurt. Bottom pic is the Hindu priest conducting the puja, which (amongst other things) involved lighting a fire in the living room, and smashing an entire pumpkin in the doorway!
It was a really fun occasion. No bad spirits in the house now! xxooo

5 comments:

  1. very interesting customs! smashing a pumpkin? wow, i'd have fun doing that! all the best to them in their new home!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to have a pumpkin handy.

    You know what I love about those photos besides the beautiful people? All of that stunning color!

    Thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool!
    as long as the new house didn't burn down from the fire in the living room!!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fresh mangoes and yogurt

    Now that sounds like a great drink. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mangoes. The problem is, they're hard to find where I live.

    Sigh

    Thanks for the cultural insights, BTW.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete