Monday, December 27, 2010

Who's got Snow?

Have you got snow?

I hear there is a lot of snow in the Northern Hs right now. Snow is hard for me to imagine, since Ive never experienced it in person.

It looks pretty, but also disruptive if you were planning to do anything important.

The weather here in Sydney is overcast and mild. I can hear kookaburras chuckling, and cicadas chirruping. The occasional car goes past. My kids are playing some PC game in their den which requires loud, serious discussions and giving advice to each other.

It's that quiet hiatus between Xmas Day and New Year when we are on holidays. The phone barely rings. I imagine most families are sitting around overstuffed with Xmas food. No one wants any more Turkey or Ham! We are so relaxed nobody can remember what day it is.

I read the manuals for my Xmas gifts (digital photo viewer; hair straightener) and figured out how to use them. I have typed all my contacts and addresses into a database program called Access. Next Xmas I won't be writing out envelopes for Xmas cards...I'll be printing labels!

Irony: my hair is already straight. A hair straightener can be used to make hair straight, but it can also be used to make it curly. I am 41 years old, and I only just figured this out. I'm not much of a girly girl, you can hear that.

Happy holidays to All!
xxoooo

6 comments:

  1. No snow here - we have no idea how it missed us, [we are on the same track as NYC[ but since everyone has the week off we are sad that we didn't get any :( - We like snow!

    As for more turkey - hush up! I just made a turkey pot pie and I hope the kids want it. LOL It's in the oven as I type so they best say yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Skippy, I'm happy the snow missed us. We still have a few inches on the ground from a couple of weeks ago, so it was a white Christmas here.

    Maybe I should vacation in another hemisphere during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no snow in florida thank goodness!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want to see snow, check this out.

    http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/index.html?releasePID=e3IfmkETrKngXuKNLryGbwDb6YMT2LU6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deary me, Captain! Also, Rudee, save up $1500 return airfare and come to Australia. You can stay with us, for sure! Oprah was here just last week. Not at my place, just the city you know. But she brought her own jet, and her own audience of 300 ladies. Why us real Aussies werent fit to be her audience, Im not sure. Maybe cuz we dont know about hair straiteners...DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be pleased so send you some snow for the personal experience! We've got plenty to spare at the moment.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete